Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: Run Down By Sulcata

Frankie

Frankie

March 8, 2008

Run Down By Sulcata

For Frankie, it continues to be two steps forward and one step back. Today....well, you judge.

He was awake when I went downstairs at 6:30 am. He is in his warm box. He chippers up when I come inside: that is a good sign.

(Its snowing in Birmingham for the first time in 10 years...if you can call what is happening outside snow. Birmingham is nearly shut down, weathermen urging us not to go out in our cars....but the streets are completely clear, just wet.)

I followed a friend's advice and quit the tough love. I think to go outside and pick Frankie lots of green. But green stuff covered in white powder. So I wait. Frankie has gone back deep into his box, guess it is a one-step-back day.

Now it is 1:00 pm and sunny and most all signs of the white powder stuff is gone. I go outside and pick a load full of Frankie's favorite weeds and grasses. Take fresh greens back into the room and place them on the feeding platform. Nearly get run over by stampeding sulcata headed for green food pile. He eats it all and begs me for more.

This hay stuff is just not working. Maybe I shouldn't have just spent $30 on hay stuff from Carolina Pet Supply

No comments:

Post a Comment