Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: Push, Shove, Guide, Slide

Frankie

Frankie

March 27, 2008

Push, Shove, Guide, Slide

It is a gloriously nice day so I took Frankie for a walk....because he wanted to go on a walk. When I took him outside and he stood outside the door, not proceeding to the backyard, which by his look said he wanted to go for a walk. It was a long walk. When we got back around noon Frankie was not ready to be done with the walk. I think he could have done another walk around the block. It was all I could do to get him into the back yard - push, shove, guide, slide with my foot- everything. I was hungry, thirsty and tired. End of walk.

I wanted to get him water but Greg had not set up the hose in the backyard yet. I will wait until this afternoon when he comes inside. Yesterday he demanded water (pushed his way to the Water Dragon's water) and then peed all over the floor. Still, after a nice hot walk, he could probably use more water.

The girls (box turtles) are outside in their yard enjoying the sun and nice weather. They stay out until dark. I still bring them in each night.

Back to Frankie. The walk went real well (until the end) so he looks like he will do well in the upcoming Autistic Walk and Do Dah Day Pet Parade. Still have a month to get him into shape. Me too. I threw my back out yesterday and really hoped Frankie would behave on our morning walk so I would not have to pick him up. Except for my push, shove, guide and slide with my foot, he did not have to be picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment