Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: A Quick Clip

Frankie

Frankie

November 28, 2006

A Quick Clip

Frankie got a beak trim. His front top beak was uneven, one side was much longer than the other by about an eight of an inch which in turtle beaks I would think is significant. He probably chipped it on some food but I cannot remember when this could be as he has had this problem for longer than I can remember. I have been hesitant to do anything being afraid that I would cause it to break even worse than it already is.

I gave in and got a tool that looks like a hoof clipper only smaller. It fit perfectly under his beak. I clipped it so quickly that Frankie had no time to object. It came off just right, so that the beak is even again. He seems to eat much easier. Food items don't get hung up on the longer beak as before. He looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment