Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: Frankie's Appetite

Frankie

Frankie

January 30, 2008

Frankie's Appetite

Frankie is getting hungry. Yesterday, I cut hay up with a little produce and the first two meals were eaten, some picking through, but overall with great welcome. But last night, after light were out and Frankie had been asleep for a couple of hours, I brought some produce down to cut up for the crickets. I also had a small number of strawberry tops that I was going to leave down stairs for Frankie's breakfast.

I hadn't gotten in the room and past Frankie's sleeping box when he woke up, came out of the box and pursued me in the room. I guess he could smell the produce and strawberries. So I cut up some orchard grass and added the few strawberry tops. That Frankie followed me until I put the meal down on this eating area. He was hungry! I have never seen him wake up to get food.

This morning we are expecting sun and temperatures just below 50. Good enough for Frankie to get some outside time. Hopefully he can get some grazing time to catch up with his appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment