Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: Frankie on Wheels

Frankie

Frankie

February 1, 2008

Frankie on Wheels

Frankie got a surprise today - a skateboard. Greg has been encouraging me to look into getting Frankie a skateboard that we can use to get him around - this is because I keep hurting my back picking Frankie up. So, I went to Wal-Mart and found a kid's skateboard. It is short and fat which is just perfect for Frankie. In fact, he is just slightly small for it but certainly will grow into it quickly.

We set Frankie on the board and all four of his feet touch the ground and he can push himself around on the board. Of course, it will take time for him to use it properly -- not that this the primary reason for getting it. We intend to put a pull cord on the front of the board so I can pull it along when I need to move him.

I bought two type of straps to keep him safely on the board. We have tried both - one is a flat strap with clips and the other is the bungee type but the cord is flat. We will see which works best after some trials.

What is left to do - get photos, of course. Coming soon to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment