Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: The Daily Poop

Frankie

Frankie

May 2, 2006

The Daily Poop

Frankie, without fail, defecates every morning in his sleeping quarters, that being his outdoor enclose or indoor box, basically anywhere he is, first thing in the morning. Since he digs nightly all the newspapers that I put into his indoor enclosure, sometimes there is no newspaper in the spot that he poops. He soils the box which means that even after I clean up the poop, the box will smell.

In his outdoor enclosure, if he is out for the night, I find a fresh pile of poop first thing in the morning. I wait until he exits his enclosure so that I can remove the poop. My box turtles never behaved like this.

Wish he would do his do in the yard where we would love the fertilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment