Frankie Tortoise Tales Frankie Tortoise Tails sulcata care tortoise sulcata husbandry Frankie Tortoise Tails Frankie Tortoise Tails: Birthday Boy is Better

Frankie

Frankie

August 1, 2015

Birthday Boy is Better

Frankie is on the road to recovery.  Strike that.  

Frankie is doing much better.  Strike that.  

Frankie is making it very plain that he is just fine and quite babying him, Mom! 

I think he knows it's his birthday so I will forgive just about anything.

Almost anything. 

Frankie antics in just the last 24 hours.

Climbing into the box turtle habitat.


Scaling the barrier that's supposed to keep him in the safe-for-foot area of the yard.


He climbed over the retaining wall blocks of the the box turtle's outdoor area.  He has never done this before and it's been there all summer.  He seem content to sit there so I left him alone.

20 minutes later I found him digging a hole.  Caught him before he dug deep enough to escape.  Notice that the grass and leaves are completely covered with dirt.

 So, he is fine.  The Brat.



 Happy Birthday, Frankie.  14 years old and 101 pounds big!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when the tails have a lot of photos of Frankie! Each one makes me smile :DDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog. I love it! My Clyde is 10 this summer. I smile every time I see him! He just makes me happy. Thanks for your posts. I can't wait to read through them all!

    ReplyDelete